OFFICE SNIFFLES GOING AROUND?
6 Tips To Stay Healthy In The Office
There are many ways that you can prevent catching a cold. Below are simple easy acts that many people forget should be an important part of their daily routine.
- Steer clear of co-workers who are coughing and sneezing more often than not. It’s likely they have a cold and this is the most common way a cold can spread. It’s a sign they’re contagious and a good reason to stay away!
- Avoid the hot spots or places that others that are infected are likely to touch. Coffee pots. Door handles. Elevator buttons. Bacteria and viruses can live on surfaces for hours, so try to avoid contact or wash your hands straight after. If you don’t get the chance to wash your hands, avoid putting them anywhere near your mouth or touching your face. Or try to regularly clean these areas.
- If you cough or sneeze, make sure to cover your mouth or nose with a tissue and throw it away after use. This stops the bacteria moving through the air that you breath in. Then wash your hands to ensure all of the germs are disposed of.
- Wash your hands with soap and water. This may seem obvious but many people will use sanitiser. Whilst hand sanitiser kills bacteria, it doesn’t kill viruses. Alcohol-based sanitizers are more effective, but nothing beats washing your hands.
- Sleeping and eating well and regularly are crucial to feeling healthy and boosting the immune system.
- Your body is stronger if it’s looked after. Getting seven or more hours of sleep every night and eating a well-balanced diet gives your body the fuel and rest it needs to fight infection and illness.